Wednesday, September 18, 2013

THE FIRST ACTUAL MURDER SCENE

Since this blog was an afterthought the dates begin as of today (Sept. 17, 2013) I began the prototype in 2010 and it took me some time to collect a few cameras to disassemble. I found them to be a bit tricky as it was necessary to take them completely apart in order to take out the convex lens and replace it with clear glass.

My first actual scene is the Sharon Tate murder as there was much material to use as well as many scene photographs. I also read Helter Skelter to get a better feel for what I was trying to recreate. As I hadn't thought to write a progress blog at the time, the photos of work in progress is just what I did while I was working. All of the furniture and architecture was reproduced from an actual crime scene photo and I tried to be as accurate as I could in this small scale.
 

This is the incomplete living room.





















Although it can hardly be seen in the finished scene, I built this tiny rocking chair. It is quarter inch scale but I forgot to put anything in to show scale. It is roughly about a 1 inch cube.




Some of the photos are graphic and might be disturbing so in order to not just publicly show them I am providing a link to an on-line album where the photos of the finished scene can be viewed if you wish to see them. Adoberevel link to camera scenes


No comments:

Post a Comment